TOPIC: Teen Pregnancy and Prevention
The following represents a
sample of information to get you started and is not meant to be exhaustive.
(Note: Clicking on the following
links causes a new window to be opened. To return to this window, close
the newly opened one).
Center Developed Documents, Resources and Tools
Other Relevant Documents, Resources, and Tools on the Internet
Local and National Support Services
Resources for Fathers
Related Agencies and Websites
Relevant Publications That Can Be Obtained through Libraries
- Adolescent Pregnancy: Policy and Prevention Services. Farber, N. (2009). Springer Publishing Co.
- Adolescent Sexuality: Disentangling the Effects of Family Structure and Family Content. Davis, E.C. and L.V. Friel, (2001). Journal of Marriage and Family, 63(3):669-81.
- Can government policies help adolescents avoid risky behavior? Bishai, D.M.,D. Mercer, and A. Tapales. (2005). Prev Med, 40(2):197-202.
- Community effects on youth sexual activity. Baumer, E.P. & S.J. South. (2001) Journal of Marriage & the Family 63(2): p.540-554.
- "I wanna Have a Good Future": Teen Mother's Rise in Educational Aspirations, Competing Demands, and Limited Schools Support. SmithBattle, L., Youth and Society Vol. 38 No.3 March 2007
- Multi-ethnic comparison of risk and protective factors for adolescents pregnancy. Berry, E.H., et al., (2000). Child Adolesc Soc Work J. April 2000,17(2):79-96.
- Parental monitoring, negotiating unsupervised time, and parental trust: The role of perceived parenting practices in adolescent health risk behaviors. Borawski, E., et al., (2003).. Journal of Adolescent Health, 33:60-70.
- Promising Outcomes in Teen Mothers Enrolled in a School-Based Parent Support Program and Child Care Center. Clemmens, D.A., Grey, Margaret, G., Sadler, L.S. et all. Journal of School Healht March 2007, Vol.77, No.3. American Student Health Association
- Serving Teen Parents: From Literacy to Life Skills. By Klor, E. & Lapin, S. (2011). Libraries Unlimited.
- Sexual trajectories of abused and neglected youths. Brown, J., et al., (2004). J Dev Behav Pediatr, 25(2):77-82.
- Social capital as a predictor of adolescents' sexual risk behavior: A state-level exploratory study. Crosby, R.A., et al., (2003). AIDS Behav, 7(3):245-52.
- Teen Pregnancy and Education: Politics of Knowledge, Research, and Practice. Pillow, W.Educational Policy Vol. 20 No.1 January and March 2006. pgs. 59-84
- The amount and timing of parent-adolescent sexual communication as predictors of late adolescent sexual risk-taking behaviors. Clawson, C.L. and M. Reese-Weber. (2003). The Journal of Sex Research, 40 (3):256-265.
- The effects of race/ethnicity, income, and family structure on adolescent risk behaviors. Blum, R.W.,et al., (2000). American Journal of Public Health, 90(12):1879-84.
- Teen Parents and Academic Success. Perrin, K.M., Dorman, K.A. The Journal of School Nursing Vol.19, No.5 October 2003.
- The sexual debut of girls in early adolescence: the intersection of race, pubertal timing, and friendship group characteristics. Cavanagh, S.E. (2004). Journal of Research on Adolescence,14(3):285-312.
- What do Adolescents Think about Teen Parenting? Herman, J. W., Waterhouse, J.K. Western Journal of Nursing ResearchVol. 3 No.4. 2011. pgs. 577-592
- When and where do youths have sex? The potential role of adult supervision. Cohen, D.A. et al. (2002). Pediatrics,110(6):e66.
We hope these resources
met your needs. If not, feel free to contact us for further assistance.For
additional resources related to this topic, use our search
page to find people, organizations, websites and documents. You may
also go to our technical
assistance page for more specific technical assistance requests.
If our website has been helpful, we are pleased and
encourage you to use our site or contact our Center in the future.
At the same time, you can do your own technical assistance with "The
fine Art of Fishing" which we have developed as an aid for do-it-yourself